Thursday, October 29, 2009

La Paz

Thanks to mom for posting a most unflatering birthday photo. I´m wearing my birthday present, traditional cholita dress. I can´t pull it of nearly as well as my host mother.

Yesterday I left my host family is Sorata. very hard, very sad. I really hope I´ll have the oportunity to return sometime.

For anyone who was wondering, the poop scale has climbed to a 5 (thats good!!!). I´m feeling much much better but am currently spending two days in the city of La Paz with Helen and Molly (who has a broken ankle) while the rest of the group is out on trek. We´re going to cook grilled cheese sandwhiches tonight!!!

Off to buy some humitas for lunch. yummm. I may return to the internet tonight for a more extended update and Molly said she would show me how to upload some photos!

Love to all!!!!

4 comments:

  1. The photo isn't that bad! And the dress is cute -- will you model it when you get home? So sorry you have to miss the latest trek, but hooray for #5 poop. Wish Molly a speedy recovery.
    Big hugs,
    Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my girl! Keep resting so that you get yourself back to being a healthy camper and hopefully you will be able to go on the next trek. Hope Molly can help you send some pictures;I will be looking forward to seeing them. Love, Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unflattering? Bah humbug, you are adorable (ah door ab lei)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for pictures and updates from Nicaragua!

    ReplyDelete