Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hello,

we´re back in La Paz for two days buying food and suplies for our first big trek. Next we´ll go to Lake Titicaca for three days and then head out on our five day trek.
We took an overnight bus from Cochabamba last night and arrived in La Paz around 6. I rested for an hour and then headed out to try to see a doctor (my tonsils are acting up again). Three hours later plus one shot in my butt and three prescriptions I was back with the rest of the group eating salteñas, my favorite!
Right now its absolutly pooring rain. Its the first rain we´ve seen. I guess the rainy season is starting, which means lots of snow on our trek.
Leaving my homestay family is Cochabama was really sad. But i´m armed with emails and facebooks and threats from my grandmother if a fail to stay in touch. The uncle in my family is in a, actually quite good, band. Next time i have the chance I´ll post the link to one of the music videos.
I´m going to head out on a prescription buying adventure in a few minutes and later in the day will head to the market to buys a stove, pots, bowls, spoons, mugs, etc. for our group.
Much love to everyone!!!
p.s. if anyone is skilled at skype and wants to send me some basic directions on how to set up an account/how to use it, i would be super greatful! (I´ll bring you something really cool from Bolivia!) Skype works in many internet places and is definatly the most economical way to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment